Tuesday 8 May 2012

Encounter with promising designer, Pedram Karimi

One of my favorite discoveries at FAT - Arts & Fashion Week Toronto is the Montreal based fashion designer, Pedram Karimi.
The collection that he presented at FAT was exactly how he described it 'minimal, structural, timeless, androgynous, modern, playful'...just beautiful!.


http://pedramkarimi.com/











You can read the Q&A with Pedram here:




Encounter with Pedram Karimi

BP. Please, introduce yourself?
PK. Born in Iran, spent my adolescence years in Austria, moved to Canada at the age of 19. Before fashion design I studied dance. 
BP. What is your educational background? 
PK. I started a degree in fashion design and pattern cutting at London College of Fashion. Left the program halfway since I ran out of money and came back to Canada. After a year living in Toronto I moved to Montreal and did two more years of their 3- year program in fashion design.
BP. When did you launch your label? 
PK. Summer 2011 
BP. Was this the first time you presented your work at FAT? 
PK.  Yes 
BP. What do you think of this event? 
PK. It was fantastic. I liked the concept of fashion being part of art and music. I like the fact that FAT represents raw new talent. 


BP. How did your show go? 
PK. Preparing for the show backstage was super hectic but the show went very smoothly. 
BP. What is the story behind this collection?
PK. I am very much inspired by the society I live in…. the mixing and intertwining of subcultures. I am also inspired by the minimalistic handsome women, and the playful modern men.
BP. What inspires / fascinates you in general?
PK. This may sound very vague but the life around me is inspiring. - Do you have a muse? Yes, my sister and best friend Mahsa.
BP. Your favorite designer? or designer you admire?
PK.  Raf Simons, Rick Owens, Yohji Yamamoto, Cristobal Balenciaga
BP. Which song / music is on repeat at the moment in your studio?
PK. 'In this shirt' by the Irrepressibles
BP. What can we expect from Pedram Karimi in the future?
PK. Timeless clothes for the modern people out there.
BP. Please pick few words / tags that best describe your label.
PK. Minimal, structural, timeless, androgynous, modern, playful


Pedram Karimi catwalk show at FAT







I love this outfit!




No comments:

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...